Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week 9 Picks

I liked the format of last week's picks, so I'll give them another shot. Let me have it in the comments if you prefer the more detailed analysis.

Upset Special
Detroit Lions @ Seattle Seahawks
Line: Seahawks by 10
What to Watch For:
Searching for a legitimate (spread over 3) Upset, I'm going back to my faithful Lions. They came through for me against Washington, and I think they might catch a struggling Seahawks team sleeping. Seattle can't run the ball, and the defense is banged up. Detroit's offense, with its key pieces back together, should scrap together enough points for a difficult road win.
Prediction:
Lions 17
Seahawks 14

Blowout
Green Bay Packers @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Line: Packers by 9 1/2
What to Watch For:
I've sucked at these lately, though they should be lay-ups. I think the Pack rebound powerfully after a tough loss to the Vikings and take advantage of a weak Bucs squad. Green Bay's attacking defense should be trouble for rookie QB Josh Freeman, and Tampa's D is just a mess. Aaron Rodgers and his stable of solid receivers should put together a very nice win here.
Prediction:
Packers 34
Bucs 14

Most Interesting Game
Arizona Cardinals @ Chicago Bears
Line: Bears by 3
What to Watch For:
Arizona has bounced back from a rough start to look like the class of the NFC West again, while Chicago has fallen back to Earth after a few good performances and high hopes. I'm curious how Chicago's once-feared defense will square up against the Cards aerial assault. Plus, a couple of high-INT gunslingers like Cutler and Warner should put on a pretty good show. Plus, where's Matt Forte been this year? And can he break out against Arizona's suddenly dominant run defense? I don't think this is the week, dude.
Prediction:
Cardinals 27
Bears 21

Marquee Game
Dallas Cowboys @ Philadelphia Eagles
Line: Eagles by 3
What to Watch For:
I'm watching the Eagles' opportunistic, pressure-heavy defense against an unpredictable, mistake-prone Tony Romo. Dallas hasn't been as awesome on the ground this year, and will be forced to throw into the belly of that beast. McNabb has really come on strong lately, and the Eagles in general have been rolling since dropping a turd against the Raiders. I think they continue that dominance at home in prime time.
Prediction:
Eagles 34
Cowboys 21

Record:
Last Week: 3-1 Straight Up, 3-1 Against the Spread (stupid Blowout pick. What do I know?)
Overall: 23-8 Straight Up, 19-12 Against the Spread

~Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment