Sunday, November 1, 2009

Week 8 Picks

Week 8 already! Geez, this season is flying. So because I ran out of time this week (totally my bad), I'm gonna just shoot out my Week 8 picks rapid fire, with one deep thought on each game.

Upset Special
Carolina Panthers @ Arizona Cardinals
Line: Cardinals by 10
What to Watch For:
Look for DeAngelo Williams to get a lot of carries, as John Fox likes his teams to run the ball frequently and effectively. I don't know how Carolina will handle the Cards' receivers, but I just think it's time for the Panthers to put their foot down and right the ship. They're too good a team to keep sliding.
Prediction:
Panthers 27
Cardinals 21

Blowout
Jacksonville Jaguars @ Tennessee Titans
Line: Titans by 3
What to Watch For:
Two words: Vince Young. Jeff Fisher is benching career slouch and alcoholic Kerry Collins for the third overall pick from 2006. Young is an exciting player, but just isn't an NFL passer. Maurice Jones-Drew is an awesome back, and the Jaguars will keep Young down all game.
Prediction:
Jaguars 24
Titans 9

Most Interesting Game
Denver Broncos @ Baltimore Ravens
Line: Ravens by 3
What to Watch For:
It was either this or Falcons @ Saints, and frankly, I'm too mad at the Saints for dismantling the Giants to pick their game. So I'll pick the other watchable game with an unbeaten team. The Broncos have astounded everyone so far, while the Ravens have befuddled. I'm looking for Ray Lewis to have had enough of this sloppy play, whip that group into shape, and finally stop the surprising Denver juggernaut.
Prediction:
Ravens 21
Broncos 17

Marquee Game of the Week
Minnesota Vikings @ Green Bay Packers
Line: Packers by 3
What to Watch For:
Duh. Brett Favre's return to Green Bay as an enemy combatant. Really, though, I don't think Green Bay's defense can handle Adrian Peterson and the Favre-led passing attack. The secondary is pretty good, but the whole unit has proved nothing this year. Aaron Rodgers is a good QB, and will put up points, just not enough.
Prediction:
Vikings 34
Packers 24

Record:
Last Week: 3-1 straight up, 2-2 against the spread
Overall: 20-7 straight up, 16-11 against the spread

I'm actually picking 3 underdogs this week, and my one favorite is the Ravens, who have burned me bad this year. Fingers crossed this week!!

~Freeze

No comments:

Post a Comment